Friday, October 3, 2008

Update on Financial Goals




Greetings - I've done a bit of work calculating my net worth, and constructing a graph to depict what I'm doing with my money. So, at the end of September...here I am.

As you can see, I have three main goals - to buy a Macbook, save money for retirement/college debt, and have enough to buy food, etc.

My budget is as follows:
20% Long Term Savings
40% Short-Term Savings (Macbook)
40% Expenses



Needless to say, this graph is somewhat skewed in one respect....as it is a simple show of net worth, it neglects the things I have bought with my checking account. In other words, I've spend 33.43% of my allotted 40% for expenses this month.

I'm making good progress on the laptop fund...I should be able to purchase it before Christmas, if not earlier. I am, coincidentally, picking up my first paycheck from my on-campus job today! There are roughly 13.5 hours on it....at 8.25$/hour (and no taxes as it is work-study) = 111.38$.

I apologize for the relative lack of updates these past few weeks. My interest in this project has waned, but I'm ready to get going again. I suppose the main issue is I have trouble coming up with material that other college students might find helpful (or at least, entertaining). We'll see.


No comments: